Today, John over at Skeptical Science has been kind enough to offer me a guest post. Check it out here. Please do what you can to spread the word about it; in addition to promoting my Bloggie push, it raises the issue of a lack of young voices in the science blogosphere and in science communication in general.
As if you needed them, here’s a punchy top 5 reasons to vote for me. If you already have, you’re awesome, thanks!
1. I’m an independent blogger. That puts me at a disadvantage compared to all of my competitors in terms of time spent creating content, but it guarantees that everything you see on here is 100% me!
2. I’m young. There just isn’t that many young science bloggers out there; why not support one while you can?
3. I’m an underdog. My competitors have huge readerships to gather votes from, whereas I’m relying on my own initiative and a grassroots campaign to mount a challenge. That means you!
4. I create. Almost all of the photos on this site are mine, including the header images. None of my competitors do this!
5. I’m not a one trick pony. Science is great, but it’s not everything in life. My blog reflects that; it’s a healthy, diverse diet of photos, musings, science, stories, links to cool stuff and comment on current events.